Jibstay

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

NPC

I have always been a devoted attender of Covenant conferences. In fact, I have not attended other large, non-denominational conferences by choice. I like the Midwinter and the friends I know I'll reconnect with. But the staff here in California was not too keen on heading to Chicago in January so I went alone. But they did twist my arm to join them all in San Diego for the National Pastors' Conference. I hesistatingly said "OK" since it would be a good time for us to be together as a growing and forming staff. So this morning I got up at 5:00 am and picked up Dan, our worship leader and we drove to San Diego through LA rush hour (a real driving experience!)
What I experienced knocked my socks off with its intensity and power. Doug Pagitt, Scott McKnight, Dan Kimball, Tony Jones,Ryan Bolger, John Burke, and LeRon Shults led a session from 1-6pm on critical issues in the emerging church conversation. It was a turbocharged afternoon of theological discussion that kept me glued to the edge of my seat. Here is one of the most vitalizing conversations I've been involved with in years. Thank goodness for a staff that pushed me. Be sure to check out the web site of the national pastors conference in San Diego

5 Comments:

At 5:56 AM , Anonymous kent said...

I told you that you would like it.

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Scot McKnight said...

Don,
I agree -- you were glued to your seat but your eyes were as alert as anyone I've ever spoken to. In my years of speaking, I've experienced rare moments like what we saw at that conference. Electricity rang out through all those talks, and it lasted 5 hours and then three more and it was energizing from front to back.

Glad you were there.

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Scott Edwards said...

Hello my dear internet friends! I have some very exiting news. A lot of you know me pretty well now and have helped me a lot. I sincerely appreciate you and I want to do the same for you. Please take a moment to check out this excellent opportunity. I am so very proud to be a part of this business, I just don't have the space I need here to fully express my gratitude and I know you will feel the same way I do. You can even try it out at no charge. Take some time to explore and learn what could be one of the most significant aspects in your life. You will not be wasting your time and I will be honored for you to be my guest. You will love this... Please give me a chance to prove it to you. Click here: proven system It elegantly covers proven system related ideas and FREE information. Sincerely, Scott.

 
At 4:23 AM , Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Are you tired of getting nice compliments on your blog, when really you're not makeng the kind of money that you deserve? Now you can join a completely FREE program. No buying and No selling. FREE to join. All you do is refer customers. To get started fast, click here: inovative site. It pretty much covers inovative related stuff and it's FREE to join.

 
At 10:15 PM , Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Check this out for FREE...

This opportunity says:

"Your Ad" Will Be Instantly Displayed on Thousands of Websites and Read By Over 10 Million People Per Week For FREE, and It Only Takes 60 Seconds To Get Started!

To find out more visit: mlm business site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and mlm business related stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker