Jibstay

Saturday, October 28, 2006

$75 Million to Westmont

Last night I received an email from Westmont College informing friends and supporters of a surprise, $75 million dollar gift to the school from an anonymous donor. Before I wrote about this I verified it with other Westmont staff I know. It is a fact. But what amazes me is the anonymity of that large a gift. The donor just wants it to be known that he is a supporter of the school. Wow! That kind of gift could have all sorts of naming privileges and legacy connotations. But being that it's anonymous, it could come from anyone.
Just to let you all know, our check-book is curiously low these days, we did not buy a second new car, and we support Westmont College (it could be us....).

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM , Blogger Rick said...

I received that same email. It made me so happy to think of how that generous gift will free the school up to do its mission. Part of me wishes that ElenaClaire would add WC to her short list - but she wants to do nursing, so WC is not on the list but NPU is.

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Yeah, isn't it something that our kids do not consult us as thoroughly as we did with our parents?!?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker