Jibstay

Monday, February 12, 2007

Getting Ready for Kenya



On Wednesday evening Martha and I leave for two weeks of teaching in Nairobi and Kisumu Kenya. I was invited by S.I.M. to teach expository preaching to pastors who have paid $75 for a starter book-set for a pastor's library. Martha will be teaching some art projects in orphanages, especially in Kisumu. Tom Halgren, the Covenant missionary seconded to work with SIM told me that one class is registering in at 30 and the other one 400.
While I love to preach and would even say preaching is my life. I've never taught it before. How do you break down what you do week in and week out into six one hour classes? I have read the books on preaching in the book-set and will talk about the art and mystery of preaching, what exegesis is, what hermenuetics is, what exposition is, and then give the class assignments to un-pack the John 4 sotry of Jesus with the woman at the well. From that point on, who knows what will happen?

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM , Blogger simplicity said...

Enjoy your trip Pastor Don. I've been reading your writings for some time and have been enjoying seeing them.

I hope your time in Kenya is fruitful and I look forward to the pictures and a report.
Samara

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Brad Boydston said...

I use the following outline to launch. You could develop something similar and spend six hours unpacking -- http://bradboydston.com/pdf/Simple%20Sermon.pdf

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker