Jibstay

Friday, April 20, 2007

No Wi-Fi!!

Wi-Fi should be required at every church and available for every church gathering. North Park Theological Seminary has wi-fi, but it is encrypted with a visitor's button. The button allows surfing but no email?!?! What's with that? NPU library has full access wi-fi, as it should. What century is the seminary still in?
Simi Valley Covenant Church, where the PSWC is meeting is a lovely setting...with no wi-fi, not even encrypted. How can a church operate without wi-fi? I guess like denominational leaders who don't blog. So, I'm "fasting" for these meetings, leaving my lap-top at home. What will I do during the drier presentations? I guess it's time to take walks and drink coffee.

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good mtg. you Don. I am subscribed to your blog.

Aaron

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Andrew Stonina said...

No Wi-Fi, no elevator, not big enough, worship space is too fixed! What next?*

One thing that I am wondering about especially related to the last several posts on your blog about technology and the church is can technology ever go too far? Where do you draw the line in the sand?



*Note: Don, as far as I know, has never complained about the seminary building being too small or having no elevator or about the worship space being too fixed.

 
At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me thinks you were born 10 years to early. Most folks probably
have never heard of WI_FI

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger kent said...

I wonder how hard it would be to add wi-fi to our church and who would use it? Most people do not bring lap tops, we have desktop computers. But they might not bring their lap tops to the church because we do not have wi-fi. Sort of a catch 22 thing going on here.

Personally I am not a big lap top person, too small of keys and too big of fingers.

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger drgtjustwondering said...

Wow, Don, you are indeed hooked on technology! I brought my laptap as well and when I couldn't hook into email and the meeting got windy and wordy, I hopped onto a solitaire game. Works pretty well.

Diana

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker