Jibstay

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pastor Unravelled


It should have been an easy children's sermon. I love children's sermons, the chance to connect with kids for a brief moment Sunday after Sunday. This Sunday I was talking about the Spirit of God as God's breath. I decided to use chewiy mints as an example of breath fresheners. But when the 3 boys came up for the first, early service, I knew I was in trouble when none of them would put a mint in their mouth. Maybe it was heeding their parent's warning to not take candy from strangers. Maybe it was too soon after breakfast. But they were much more interested in the other things up front, candles and flowers and crosses and the people in the congregation. As their fuzzy pictures tell the story, they were all moving in different directions at once. After this flustered picture was taken, I just began to laugh and the congregation joined me in laughter and we prayed and turned them back loose down the aisle to their parents! Oh well.

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM , Blogger mark said...

thats very funny. kids bring a certain reality to what we do do they.

 
At 5:55 AM , Blogger kent said...

I had a kid hand me a booger once. One spit on me. Dude - you got off easy.

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Dan said...

I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker