Jibstay

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fall Ministry Fair



My first Ministry Fair was at Salem Covenant in New Brighton 4 or 5 years ago. My staff pushed it on me. I did not think the idea could fly. It seemed like just too much work. When they pulled it off, the entire Fellowship Hall was ringed with tables promoting this ministry and that ministry: music, parish nursing, children, youth, missions, ski club, etc..
Last year was MCC's first Ministry Fair under my leadership and it was modestly successful. This year, it was better than ever. Ministry groups showed up early, set up booths, displays, even provided enticing treats. Anne Anderson played her recorder, Lisa Call brought her life-sized babies in the womb. The Gideons were there. Rescue Mission was there. It was fun to see the variety and creativity, and yes, even the chaos. Church was fun today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker