Jibstay

Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm Not Getting Fed!


How many times have you heard or said that in regard to a church? As a pastor, I have heard that phrase many many times over the years; either as a reason why someone is not attending the church I pastor or why they are leaving the church I pastor: I'm just not getting fed. The problem is, I accept that as a valid reason for changing churches.
Last week at the staff retreat at Mission Springs, one of the participants quipped: "If we heard an adult say that they are not GETTING fed in any other setting than the church, we'd consider them foolish (he used a stronger word)." If my adult children complained that they were not GETTING fed, I'd say "Learn to cook! Find out how to use a fork and knife! Grow up."
Is part of the problem in the established church the very fact that we have tolerated this kind of thinking and excusing? How are we teaching believers to feed themselves? to move from consuming to generativity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker