Jibstay

Thursday, September 06, 2007

How long do you call?

I've been trying to get hold of a friend, and all I get is his voice mail. I've been wanting to talk with him for quite a while and he never answers. And now I wonder if he sees my number and name come up and lets it ring over into the limbo of voice-mail. The question now is, should I keep calling, or let it go? If I keep calling will it appear like I'm in pursuit, pushing him farther away in reaction (who likes being pursued?)? But if I ignore it, am I losing a friend? Hmmm.

5 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Blogger MichaelGP said...

As caring Human beings, being ignored (or feeling ignored) can be quite painful. To reach out to someone and not have connection or response tends to leave such an empty feeling we will do what ever is necesary to fill that void. A call to follow ones heart most certainly!

 
At 4:02 AM , Blogger happychipmunk said...

keep calling... and/or try other things ways of reaching out - email, send a card, can you go to their house (I'm assuming it's too far)... don't give up yet

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Chris Brooks said...

Pastor,

My advice: leave a message. A long and exhaustive one, where you "leave it all on the field." After that, all you can do is pray. I have a couple of those in my life as well...

-Your Timothy.

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger simplicity said...

I agree with Chris...or write an email or letter making sure all is ok? Then you just have to wait.

I've been in this place, and didn't like it. It's hard and painful.

Relationships take such work don't they?

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger kent said...

At the risk of sounding like an uncaring oaf if you have lefty more than three or four messages, then you have gone the extra mile. You aren't writing them off, but relationships are by nature reciprocal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker