Jibstay

Monday, September 10, 2007

Morning Stillness


I've been awake for 2 hours, with the sun splashing though the front garden. I've probably read thousands of words in the NYT's and my regular blog visits. I've responded to 6 overnight emails, but have not said a word from my mouth. I love this stillness. Today I will see if I can be quiet, wordless, until a noon meeting.
Yesterday, Sunday, was a day filled with words; greetings, prayers, songs, visits, a sermon (twice), phone calls to Martha, and the jail service. Last night something new happened at the jail service. I preached Colossians 1:9-14 about Paul's prayer for the church and we ended early. So we turned on the boom box to play the worship tape and my partner and I said we would be available for individual prayers if guys wanted them. They lined up to hands-on praying for specific prayers. Whew! It was rich. I came home full of awe for the privilege of being a pastor to MCC and the community behind bars. Now for some stillness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker