Jibstay

Friday, November 09, 2007

Blessed


There are a lot of things to grouse and complain about; politics (secular and churchy), the economy, the environment, the media, and leadership. Today I needed to get out of my office after a long week. The sermon was roughed out, my reports were filed, lessons plans for confirmation were completed, nobody is in the hospital, so I took off. I set my ipod to "shuffle" and walked up through Westmont campus, up a back pathway to East Mountain Drive and then meandered. The road zigs and zags along the side of the mountain, dipping into shadows and then out to vistas over the ocean. The sun was shining and the air was crisp and dry. The music was a fun montage of classical and Norwegian folk. I just had to stop and look and experience the blessing of being alive. There is food in our refrigerator, gas in the tank, a congregation who loves me and a family I delight in. Yeah, the check-book could have a higher balance and I could loose a couple of pounds. But hey, I'm blessed and loved by God. Sweet!

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, but can you GOLF yet???

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

It's slow,but coming

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger kent said...

Golf is always slow but coming, it is designed that way. You are right on track.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker