Jibstay

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Over the Rhine: Trumpet Child


Scot McKnight recently posted on some of his favorite music. It's good to know what others listen to. I have a recommendation for those who are lyric-driven. Over The Rhine just released their newest album; "Trumpet Child" The cover tells a great story about the wide range of musical sounds in this album. It's a musical journey, with each new song morphing into another style and mood. But it's their lyrics that grab my heart. Out walking today with my ipod on, I heard: "I don't want to waste your time with music you don't need. Why should I autograph a book that you won't even read? I've got a diferent scar for every song and blood still left to bleed. But I don't want to waste your time with music you don't need."
Translate those lyrics to preaching and teaching, doing art and practicing therapy. How much of our energy goes out to those who don't really think they need "the song" we are singing? Over the Rhine grabs you by the heart and says, "I understand."

3 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Blogger kent said...

Where do you hear about your music? I am so out of it when it comes to music is pathetic. I have never heard of "Over the Rhine".

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger a girl who collects shells said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger a girl who collects shells said...

Karin &Linford are lovely people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker