Jibstay

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Blurr


Is it over already? I was just carving the Thanksgiving turkey yesterday. We just set up the the Christmas tree and got the lights out. I tingled as I waited for each of the kids' flights to arrive and hug them while waiting for luggage. To see them all around the table together made my heart rest. Christmas Eve, tamales, and then a long evening of gift-giving and laughing could have gone on all night. 
But time rolls on and kids' flights home arrive and their energy gets restless to get back to their worlds. Then I think of my days as an adult returning home for a while, so glad to enjoy home-cooked meals, a relaxed pace and visiting with my folks. But then I got restless to get back into my schedule, my pace, my world. 
What is it about age that makes time go by so fast? I don't ask this rhetorically, but phenomenologically: I see a day absolutely shoot by. I know I need to hurry to get things done on my list this morning because this afternoon will be filled with some errands and stuff with the boys and then guests come in the evening and ...boom, it's over again. 
"There is a place of quiet rest, near to the heart of God."

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM , Blogger Christopher B. Brooks said...

As a young buck, let me assure you that time flies for me as well. It seems like Gabriel was just born yesterday, and Selah the day before. Now they are both in school all day!

Every day counts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker