Jibstay

Friday, December 21, 2007

Family Again



Luke arrived last Saturday and Liz flew in Wednesday. Isaac arrives tomorrow night, all from different cities, nesting for a while in Santa Barbara. Today in cool and windy weather we wandered the beach under the Mesa, marveling at rock formations and the bird behavior. Having adult children give you time in their schedule is an incredible gift. They are adults in their own rights and yet still children of us, much older parents who still think like young adults. It makes for some interesting and funny conversations, like who is the grown-up here? 
Luke is working diligently on Ultimate videos on my laptop at home when I'm done with work. I did not think it would be a big deal...until it was out of reach. I did not realize how much and how often in the evenings I resorted to checking email and posting blogs. It's almost a withdrawal experience, and that is good in its own right. Reading is more appealing, and watching TV with Liz and Martha is something I am doing more than before.
How much does a lap-top and wi-fi remove you from conversations? How easy is it for you to un-plug after working on a computer during the day? I discovered, to my embarrassment, that I did not un-plug, but just kept dipping into the web off and on until I went to bed. Hopefully this will make a change in my behavior.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM , Blogger Kalon L said...

There are indeed all sorts of addictive behaviors, and you're not alone in finding the allure of the computer one of those. May God grant you -- and me -- his perspective on this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker