Jibstay

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Do Bloggers Have Lives?

Over lunch today my sister-in-law Cyd asked a question to Isaac and me about blogging. She said "I'm sure I'm going to ask this in the wrong way, but do people who blog regularly have lives?" The room got quiet and she said "Oops, I think I said that wrong!" But that led into an interesting discussion about blogging and why. 
Isaac noted that some people (he and I) find writing and thinking at a keyboard (maybe one could question the thinking part) as easy as a discussion. Some people have 45 minute phone conversations with no problem, others write letters, others text message, others have lots of live conversations over coffee with others.
Some of us blog about technical aspects of our jobs or theological ruminations that do not belong in the pulpit. Others of us blog about political issues or simply keep people up to date with family matters. 
But, the question remains; do bloggers live or just watch?

6 Comments:

At 3:17 PM , Blogger preacherman said...

Great post.
I have asked myself the same question many times? LOL! :-)
This is a wonderful blog and have added it my favorites. God bless your future posts as will be a reader!

 
At 3:44 PM , Anonymous paul maurice martin said...

I blog; therefore I live.

"Uno bloggo plumunus ergo sum."

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger Scot McKnight said...

Blogito ergo sum.

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

thanks all! blog away!

 
At 2:31 AM , Blogger Brad Boydston said...

Of course they do. Now, I'm not really a blogger -- I mean I do this because I enjoy it -- and it keeps my fingers busy. I don't have to blog. I can stop anytime I want to...

 
At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blog to remember, reflect, and react. A lot of times it's because it's about something nobody else really would care about whatever it is I'm blogging about. It's like a sounding board with the occasional response!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker