Jibstay

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Presidential List; the first leak

Last week I invited some leaking about who might be on the list of candidates for president of the Covenant, thinking that a wider discussion in the open might be helpful to the process vs gossip. I received my first leak today from a pastor in the south/west, but beyond that he requests anonymity. Here is his list. What do you think?
Gary Walter, Mark Novak, Bill Clark, Dave Kersten, Ken Carlson, Lon Allison, Jay Phelan, Donn Engebretsen, and Brad Boydston. 
This was the order in which they were sent. I have no idea if the order has any meaning beyond the listing. I know these guys and think highly of them. 

8 Comments:

At 5:59 AM , Blogger kent said...

It is interesting that the list contains no women or minorities given the often repeated emphasis of the official position of the denomination.

It would also be interesting if these are indeed the candidtates to have them give a brief statement on where they would like to take the denomination under their stewardship.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Anyone is welcome to chime it!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Dan said...

I had two of those listed in mind as candidates but upon reading the list i saw at least one more that I think would make a great candidate. As far as women candidates, our own Evelyn Johnson or perhaps Doreen Olson.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Those are 2 very capable and strong women, with good track records of accomplishments and consensus building without caving in.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Andrew Stonina said...

Interesting. A couple of names appeared on the list that I thought of as well. The surprise for me is the number of people that are on that list that I did not figure would be. On the other hand there are some that should be on that list that are not. It is going to be an interesting time for us.

 
At 11:23 AM , Anonymous Lyle said...

How about Rob Johnston?

Lyle

 
At 7:25 PM , Anonymous Tim said...

I find the whole idea about speculating a grand waste of time. While I deeply appreciate the job Glenn Palmberg has done, the most significant work of the church still happens within the limited geography of individual congregations. As to the President, I'll leave that to the Vegas oddsmakers.

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Interesting, the first thing I noticed was the lack of women in the list too! Unfortunately, I don't know people in the covenant denomination very well, so I can't make recommendations of my own!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker