Jibstay

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Where is your encouragement?


It's January. It's cold, everywhere. Annual meetings are over, the grind is on, whether it's a school semester, job projects, the stock market, managing your bills from the holidays, or watching the candidates vying for dominance. 
I'm heading out tomorrow for a weekend in Minneapolis with my folks and son, so Diana is preaching on Acts 18:1-17. When I asked her about her theme, she said: "Encouragement." Paul was encouraged by the disciples in Corinth. Corinth, hopefully, was encouraged by Paul's leadership. Their encouragement built up each other. 
So the altar-piece for this coming Sunday has lights of encouragement at the base of the key-stone. I took the picture in darkness, to emphasize how much one light does. 
In Alan Hirsch's book "The Forgotten Ways" he argues that in every believer is the requisite dna to make the church. Whoever it is that composes the 2 or 3 gathered in Christ's name, they are good enough. Their lights shine out encouragement to me and, I hope, my light shines encouragement to them. Who encourages you on your journey today? Who receives your light of encouragement? Who surrounds you like the lights on the table and make you glow? 

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM , Blogger preacherman said...

I want to encourage you brother. I really enjoyed your post. I needed it. I have added your blog to my favorites. I pray the God will bless you abundantly in ways you have never thought this next year. May you grow deeper into the relationship you desire with the Almighty.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry
Aka,
Preacherman

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker