Jibstay

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rules for Criticisms

Alan Forsman shared staff rules for dealing with criticism at the "Getting to Great" seminar in Tucson. When a staff person in a church is approached by a church member with a criticism about another staff person, that staff member should ask four questions:
1. Have you personally talked with the person mentioned?
2. Would you like me to go with you when you do?
3. What is your intention in raising this criticism with me?
4. Do you intend for resolution and reconciliation or just complaining?

Yikes! That's pretty clear and specific. But it does follow Matthew 18

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this - especially #2 as I haven't heard that before and it conveys support and pushes for resolution. I just emailed this to my mom who is on staff at our church and encounters this frequently.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker