Jibstay

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dinosaur

When was the last time you used one of these vs googling? Our community just went through a round of phone book drop-offs in bright blue bags all over town. Many of those bags are sitting in driveways and along curbs un-opened and never will be. Who needs a phone book anymore when you can find everything on-line?
Oh, there will be a few unwired people who find enjoyment flipping through thick pages of small font, but their numbers have to be shrinking. 

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger kent said...

We got ours and threw them away. A lot of money lost for books few people use.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Andrew Stonina said...

I disagree. I use the phone book more then I do the internet for looking up places. You can hardly call me a dinosaur! I do use the internet if I am lazy or just can't find it in the phone book. Also, in the rural setting you may not necessarily find everything on the internet just because of how the information is gathered.

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Isaac Johnson said...

I never thought of that andy... Very true. Though for an urban area such as the twin cities it has as much value an abacus in a computer lab

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker