Jibstay

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stewardship: Jaguar XK R


It sits as if ready to pounce. It's a 2008 Jaguar XK R with a 420 hp V-8 that has a fully loaded price tag of $97,000. I also have the key to it. One of our members on the mission trip to Argentina has a job that requires him to drive and evaluate new cars every 2 weeks. This is the finest car I've ever seen him drive and he left me the keys in case we needed to move it. But here's the hitch: I'm not allowed to drive it. Only he is insured and given permission to drive it and he is 4,000 miles away in Argentina. I am stewarding these keys for emergency use only. Would a trip to Ventura Target be considered an emergency? I really need some new toothpaste! Probably not.
Stewarding a car like this is not about my pleasure in driving, but honoring the owner's plans for its use. Therefore it sits and stares at me!

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM , Blogger Isaac Johnson said...

$97,000 = 3,380,000 rupies. The monthly salary of the waiter at the hotel restaurant is 5000rp. That's 776 months, or 64 years. Based on the life span, he could work his entire life, saving every rupie, and still not afford the sticker price of that single car. makes one think.

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Crazy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker