Jibstay

Friday, April 25, 2008

Day #3


Yesterday was a drizzly and gray day that ended with a spectacular sunset, with a shifting weather system of cold coming on top of warm and wet. The result late in the night was a pea-soup fog and dropping temperatures. Today we begin the move. The last two days were filled with nothing but packing and sorting: what goes into the new apartment and what goes into storage and what just goes.
My dad is slated for a 9:00 am pacemaker procedure and we will all start transporting boxes into a storage unit or into Heritage House. This is my last day, so I want to push it to get the most done as I can. Isaac took a day off work to help us load and carry. While the work-load is large, the good news is that my dad has gone from serious to stable and shows marked improvements in a number of areas. He is surviving and maybe thriving again soon.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Ellyn Erickson said...

Pastor Don & family - I was saddened to see Norbert's name on the white board at Salem Covenant church, but am grateful I had a place to check and get more info. I will pray for strength and wisdom for you all, and hope that these days are as meaningful for everyone, as they are necessary in the process of healing. Please tell your dad I think of him often - you may need to describe me as the granddaughter of the guy who brought rice pudding in Omaha (Albert Hedell). I've realized how he was an example to me when I was so young, as you were to me over the 7 years I experienced you as Senior Pastor. I can't believe it's been 4 years since you baptized my husband, Bob & youngest son, Shawn! People at church are still becoming more meaningful to my family. Our son, Michael, is 12 now, and just wrote an essay for school on the person he admires most - BEN PEASE!!! My eyes misted as I read it, and told him how proud I was of that fact. I'm so glad Ben is there to be an example at this important stage in Michael's life. God is good, and He will never fail us! (That's something I need to keep telling myself in hard stages) Love and prayers, Ellyn Erickson & family (Bob, Michael, Natalie & Shawn)
everbrightone@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker