Jibstay

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Place I'm In


The family has gathered. My sister flew in from California yesterday afternoon. My son Luke drove up from Chicago yesterday evening and I flew in from California late last night. My sister Carolyn spent the night with our dad and now it's my turn to sit and wait while yet another procedure is done.
It's a posture I am familiar with, but on the other side, visiting those who wait as a pastor. Each person or family cluster is a little island surrounded by their stuff: pop bottles and granola bars, magazines and Blackberries, computers and cell-phones. Some read, some watch endless talk shows and others sleep. The hospital does a great job of welcoming us and providing us with wireless internet.
The doctor who did the procedure just told me all went well and I need to pack up and head back to his room

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker