Jibstay

Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Only Foggy Here


The morning fog is still thick in the air; so thick it wets my glasses as I walk across the lot to the church. Trees are black and white outlines to the white sky. It's chilly and damp. So, when Bob, the Director of Worship Arts, arrived on his motorcycle this morning, I asked him how his drive in was (he lives about 20 minutes away). He said, "It's always a nice drive here." So I asked him how it was to ride in such a heavy fog. "Oh" he smiled, "It's only foggy here in Montecito. Everywhere else is clear and bright!"
That got me thinking in a devotional way this morning; how many of us are fog-shrowded today? How many of our lives are cold and damp, with air so thick we can hardly see our way? And, more to the point, how many of us assume it's foggy everywhere? If my world is clouded up, so is (or should be) yours.
The good news for this stretch of the coast is that the fog burns off every day (yes, every day) between noon and 2 pm. Then the bright blue skies explode and I head for the beach. Lord, burn off the fog and remind me that it's only here with me.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM , Blogger Kate said...

What a great metaphor!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker