Jibstay

Monday, September 15, 2008

Memorable Wedding


It was a memorable wedding in many ways. The young couple is active at the church, teaching Sunday School to 1-3rd graders and just plain sweet! We had a great time meeting and planning the wedding. The wedding was on Sunday afternoon (which is a unique time) and at the Firestone Vineyard in Los Olivos, about 45 minutes West of Santa Barbara. The weather was perfect, the string trio played elegantly, and the bride was gorgeous. Parents smiled and wept and all went well.
They service went without a hitch until it came to my meditation on Phil 1:8-11 about how to let love overflow. I was speaking extemporaneously from my heart to the couple when it happened: a cell phone began to ring one of those old fashioned rings. We all quietly began to look around at who the offender was, until I realized it was ME! My new iPhone that I thought was set on vibrate-mode was chirping like a farmhouse wall phone. After three terribly long rings it went into voice-mail, and I became instantly sun-burned. Gratefully the bride and groom were gracious and laughed at me, glad it was my error and not theirs.
Guess who won't ever carry a phone into a wedding service again?

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM , Blogger E Erickson said...

Oh NO!! You didn't invite yourself, as well as the guests, to turn off cell phones this time? Too funny Ellyn Erickson from Salem - MN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker