Jibstay

Sunday, October 05, 2008

The power of friends

Today in worship I had a friend visit. Ed Anderson is a member from Salem days. He's a deep well of a man, with talents, insights and a gift for blues guitar. He was in California with Margaret doing business and stopped by church. I asked him to bring his guitar. Before he sang I told the church that what makes us rich are the friends that people our lives. Ed is one of those friends who always showed up with a deep bucket of truth, usually in form of an original blues composition.
I know nobody expected me to have such a blues guitarist friend bring a gift like he did to worship. His song was a rendition on "Nobody Knows the Troubles I've See. Nobody Knows But Jesus" He ripped and cut his guitar with his gravelly voice and left us all in an awed silence. A number of my friends came up and said that he gave them the gift hey needed for worship today.
Thanks Ed!

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM , Blogger Ruth Kelley said...

Amazing Don - What a musician, what a gift. Thank you (and him) so much for sharing it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker