Jibstay

Friday, October 17, 2008

When In Doubt...Go Out!


I got stuck; stuck in my own inefficiencies and the endless organizational lists that need to get done and aren't. The trash cans did not get picked up yesterday, and they need to get off the streets by tomorrow and no staff is around. Oh, well, I guess I need to unload some trash. The balcony needs some work to make it more worshiper friendly, but our water pipes blew this week reallocating staff time to plumbing needs. The prayer rails are still in the sanctuary and need to be moved back into the offices by Sunday. Working on a 2009 budget is a major project for a numerically challenged person like me. My organizational disorganization caught up with me and left me feeling pretty distracted. So I took my own advice: when in doubt go out.
I got the sermon roughed out in the morning, walked up to Westmont for chapel service with Mark Kirschgartner from International Justice Ministry. Did you know that today there are 27 million people caught in slavery world-wide right now? Then I went to the hospital to see a big guy who is starting his 6th week in intensive care. Then Mark Kirschgartner came by the office and we visited for an hour or so about IJM and possible partnerships with MCC or M-4. Then I got my manuscript application for the book I've been writing on for 8 years off to a publisher. Then I went to jail tonight and I'm remembering what I'm supposed to be doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker