Jibstay

Sunday, November 02, 2008

All Saints' Sunday


All Saints' Sunday makes sense two ways; for those with nostalgic sentimentalism, who love remembering deceased ancestors and then it makes sense for those who are desperate, who are clinging to a thread. If I am self-sufficient and doing very well, All Saints' Day is nice memory time for church history and family acknowledgement. But when worlds collide and resources implode, I need to look deeper. I need to find the real heros who faced lions, who stared down kings, who refused to cave in to the crowd, but clung to Jesus.
These are such times; times of uncertainty and shift. "I sought the Lord and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears!" Psalm 34:4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker