Jibstay

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Can you believe he is 28 tomorrow?


Insistent immediacy turns most days into raging races to just keep up. The list of things we hope to get done, merges with interruptions and emergencies leaving many of us chronically tired and grumpy. Our lists never get shorter and only get replaced with more lists.
Then I'm reminded; that cute little boy in the photo above turns 28 tomorrow. 28? Can't be. I was just 28 a couple of years ago. When I was 28 I was.... (enough Dad, we've heard that rant before!). Anyway, my world is totally sweet being reminded of a son whom I love and am proud of who turns 28 tomorrow. Happy birthday Luke!!

4 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Blogger E Erickson said...

awwww, that is a CUTE photo! Hope he has a great b-day! I got a little confused, and forgot whose blog I'd accessed! Since there was a pic of a kid, I was trying to recognize which of my friends' kids it was! Then I realized why I couldn't recognize the present young man! hahaha How is the rest of your family? your dad?
Still checking daily, and sending my support (thru ESP) down to you and your church family, and community family, and...
Ellyn Erickson /Salem in MN

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Thanks Ellen. My folks are OK, but age is taking its toll.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger E Erickson said...

It does on ALL of us...I've been experiencing it for the last year or so. :( Ellyn Erickson

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I find it hard to believe that I have known you guys for that long! You came to Salem when Luke and I were in 6th grade I think. It was a long time ago. I find it hard to believe that I am almost that old too! I think of all that I have been through and what not, but it still is crazy! Give my love to Luke and the rest of the family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker