Jibstay

Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Afternoon


There is nothing like an empty beach at low tide and good tunes on my ipod for a day off walk. Getting out and walking is a great brain-clearing activity. The water was inviting for a swim, but I decided to walk a couple of miles and let my mind float. It's been a weird couple of days after my mother-in-law's death last week. It's as if I am walking around with sunglasses on...indoors. I grieve her loss, especially for Martha, who bounced art ideas off her weekly in letters and phone calls. My staff is stepping in alongside me wonderfully, with Diana preaching yesterday and another member preaching for me next Sunday.
It's the first death among our four parents, and it signals our own mortality. So quietly walking the beach stilled my mind and heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker