Jibstay

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful


I'm really thankful this morning. The sun is shining. We did not flood. Isaac is here and Martha's former student Anna arrived late last night. The second cup of coffee was fabulous. We are going to a friend's house for a big meal later this afternoon. Luke and Liz are happy and healthy in Chicago and Atlanta. Liz and Jeff's wedding is coming up in December. I am allowed to serve a church that accepts and loves me. I work with an intriguing and gifted staff who show great creativity and joy. My body works pretty well. I might try a swim today. I get to live with my best friend now for 33 years who puts great art on the walls and marvelous meals on the table and challenges my thinking. While my mother-in-law died this fall, my father-in-law is doing pretty well and will be with us for Liz's wedding and Christmas. My parents are aging in a good place in Minneapolis.
I think I'll get another cup of coffee now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker