Jibstay

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Father-of-the-Briding


I'm in totally new territory. I've officiate at over 375 weddings in my career, including the wedding of relatives and close friends. I have observations, advice and wisdom. But now I'm the father of the bride and feel like the character Steve Martin played in that epic comedy. Most of the time I do not get what's going on and if I ask, it shows how out of touch I am. Our son Luke flew in this afternoon and Martha's dad in a little while. Then we drive to LAX to pick up LIz and Jeff. Tomorrow Isaac flies in and the weekend is rolling. Friends from all over are flying in. This will be a totally new adventure for our whole family. Am I really a father-of-the-bride?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker