Jibstay

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Staff Christmas Party


I admit it. I'm not a big party-goer. I like intimate little dinners with another couple or two. Large parties take a lot of work. So last night, I was a bit reluctant heading the the staff Christmas party at Diana and Dick's house. I was sniffling a cold and would have liked to stay home at a fire with a book. But when we got there, everything was festive and the food was abundant. It wasn't till about 8:30 or 8:45 that we began the white elephant exchange. You know the drill, in series a person opens a gift or can exchange his/her choice for an already opened gift. Soon the gifts got funnier and funnier. We were all laughing with each other till we cried. As the energy in the room increased, I sat back and smiled. Diana saw the smile and asked what I was smiling (maybe smirking) about. I told her how grateful I was for this moment and this staff. I was enjoying the radiating love in the room, a love that really cares for each other. It was not about the job or the tasks, but each other. maybe I should rethink parties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker