Jibstay

Friday, May 01, 2009

Isaac & Anna's Wedding


Great day! I was privileged to officiate at the marriage of my son, Isaac, to Anna Sisterman. We gathered at Butterfly Beach around 1:30. I officiated bare-footed and the guests (about 30) gathered in a semi-circle while my daughter Liz played her flute and Anna and her dad walked to Isaac hand-in-hand. Words were brief. My father-in-law John Ensign prayed a prayer only grandfathers can pray. I pronounced, they kissed, we cheered, and then they walked the beach together.
We adjourned to our house for a Mexican meal of fajitas and tamales in the backyard. It was a day when I knew how wealthy I really am; great wife and life-partner, a married daughter and great son-in-law, a creative son (Luke) who delights and challenges me with his thinking, and now Isaac and Anna!
I'm also a bit tired!

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM , Blogger Tyler said...

So great to hear you are doing well Pastor Don!
-Tyler

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Thanks, I am.

 
At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! You are all in our thoughts right now...

The MC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker