Jibstay

Monday, May 25, 2009

No Longer 18


I played softball today from 9:00 am till 11:30 am. It was such fun. All ages. Men and women. No stress. Lots of laughter. I played right field with a borrowed glove. But once the ball came my way my brain turned 18. I had to get that ball at all costs. I dove, tripped and fell. But I always caught the ball. Then I had the painful realization: I was the oldest person playing! Yikes!That's never happened to me. There was always one or two older guys out on the field playing. But today I was it.
I remember a pastors' conference where a retired Covenant missionary named Harvey Widman showed up. When we went out to play volleyball, this old, bald, red faced guy played like a kid. I was afraid he would suck out a lung or have a heart attack. Today I was the older, bald, red faced guy having way too much fun. I wonder if some of the kids wonder "When's he gonna grow up?"
Tonight however, every joint is reminding me that I'm no longer 18! But I did have fun!!

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Blogger Isaac Johnson said...

dont be old. thats an order

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Whaaaat? I can't hear you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker