Jibstay

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visiting Mother


This afternoon Martha and I visited my mother at Covenant Village Golden Valley. Martha brought along both ibooks of Liz and Jeff's and Isaac and Anna's weddings that Luke constructed. For over an hour Martha and mother walked through the pages, telling stories of people and why they were there, commenting on decorations, food and dresses and hair-styles. It was tender watching my wife love on my mother.
Leaving her alone in her room, standing in the door waving goodbye to me put a lump in my throat and heart. When will I see her again? It could be this Fall or maybe not until winter. We talk almost daily, but touching her and watching her eyes crease into a smile is something this son needed.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Blogger simplicity said...

This was simply beautiful Don.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger drgtjustwondering said...

I put my mom on the train today, after a 4 day visit. And I, too, thought, "When will we be together again? And how much frailer will she be the next time?" And she only lives 2.5 hours from me! I feel that throat/heart lump, Don, and I'm sorry for the distance that makes it particularly large and painful. We definitely missed you this morning! Almost every piece of the service went just a little longer than planned, so by the end, we were 13 minutes over! Ouch. But we got great reports from the CHIC group, MY HUSBAND did the story at the steps, and the music was terrific. Jeanne had a great tableau on the altar - but we just plain missed you both. We'll be glad to have you at home again. Diana

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker