Jibstay

Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Vacation


Remember when classes would begin in the fall with the question: So, children, what did you do on your summer vacation? My answer this year would be: I stripped a stairway of old carpet and old adhesive and varnish. Yesterday my day was on my hands and knees, pulling out old carpet, scraping up dried backing and applying noxious stripping paste to the stairs. It was a labor of love; fixing up my son's house and making the stairway better for my daughter.
The revelation is that I do not have a job that demands much from my muscles...and yesterday I bowed in homage to all the craftspeople I know and use who do this kind of work every day. I'm satisfied, but pretty sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker