Jibstay

Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Level of HOT!


Isaac gave unique gifts at his groom's dinner: a variety of hot sauces above and beyond Tabsco. What he gave Martha and me were two: "Slap Your Mamma" and "Inferno". Today I tried just a little bit of "Inferno" on a pork tenderloin sandwich. At first it tasted hot, but good. Then, as the meal wore on, my mouth ignited, my face grew redder and my nose began to run. I drank water, ate chips, a glass of mild and then lemon sorbet. It took about two hours for my mouth to return to feeling normal. Wow, that was hot! Thanks Isaac!

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger Isaac Johnson said...

That's the good stuff. It didn't have the highest scoville rating, but for all of use heat eaters at Vital - it was the one we liked best. It has a strong pepper/molasses task that has a good slow burn. The higher octane stuff I bought was hot but quick - no lasting power. Enjoy it - it is meant to be spread out so you can add a drop to a batch of chili to give it heat. see you tonight.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

It'll be in your Cheerios!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker