Jibstay

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Teen Suicide: TH1RTEEN R3ASONS


It was an NPR interview with author Jay Asher on his 2007 book "Thirteen Reasons" that captivated my attention. It is a novel about a teenage girl who commits suicide and leaves behind cassette tapes with thirteen reasons why she decided to take her life. It was one of the most painful books I was compelled to read. While clearly secular and containing tough language, it tells the story of violation and the loss of safety in both place and persons who she tried to trust.
How many youth pastors out there have read this? I'd really like to hear how you processed this in your ministry and within your youth group? It did help to have the beach around me to read this book!

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger E Erickson said...

That sounds like something I would like to read...can relate to having a hard time trusting.

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

Let me know what you think about it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker