Great thoughts from Brad Boydston
Below is a copied post from Brad Boydston's blog on the whole nature of "frugality" and, by contrast "generosity." As we face the holidays and church budget-making, what do you think?
I've been collecting a few of my thoughts on frugality recently:
1. If you talk a lot about how frugal you are people will assume that you're cheap.
2. If you talk a lot about how frugal you are you are not.
3. Frugality at the expense of others is cheapness.
4. The wise and affluent person who can afford an extravagant lifestyle still practices frugality to free up additional resources for what matters in life.
5. The truly fugal are also outrageously generous.