Jibstay

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Step #2...the dog


This has been my tutorial year. I said that today in the pulpit. Officiating at the wedding of two children in one year and now planning for the third in January has been a major learning experience for me. I love seeing my children married and journeying with partners. I love having a son and daughter-in-law. It's kind of fun having another person caring for my child in their own unique new way. I love seeing them so happy!
Isaac and Anna just spent Thanksgiving with us, along with Anna's family's old dog Lilly. Anna and Isaac volunteered to take this nice old dog from her folks as they are getting ready to retire and relocate. So they brought the dog along with them during Thanksgiving. Martha and I have each grown up with dogs and cats and had two wonderful pets with our kids growing up. But we are enjoying "empty nest" these days, and that means empty of animals. We enjoy leaving the house for as long as we want and not worrying about letting the dog out or what sorts of surprises we'll find on the floor when we get back. We had those days and now it's nice having everything the same when we return as we left it.
Well, Isaac and Anna need to be away for a couple of more days and asked if it would be OK if "Lilly" stayed with us. We said "Yes" immediately. She shivered in my arms as they drove off, and then we went for a walk. She's now sleeping (really snoring) beside me as I write. It's really pretty nice. I guess I'll get used to having the dog stay with us for a while before we advance to step #3...grandchildren! Nice Lilly!

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I want to meet the dog!

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger donnjohnson said...

You will!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker