Jibstay

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Goodbye to a Friend

This morning I read with sadness a column I have been following regularly for 15+ years. It's the Saturday column in the New York Times by Peter Steinfels on "Belief". By his the sound of his name, I would guess he is Jewish. But his columns over the years probed every dimension of all major religions, and then some. This last column is worth reading because he distills down some essential observations he makes about healthy faith systems and the forces that mitigate against health.
I'm not sure why his column is being retired, or if he is. But I will miss a rational voice among the screams and shouts. Thank you Peter for columns that blessed this pastor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker