Jibstay

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Marriage Strategy: Returns Policy


How many couples (or individuals) do you know who have stuff in their basements or closets that doesn't work, is the wrong size or is a duplicate? I know too many. And when I ask about returning them to the store, I get a long pause, like the silence of a mine field. Who returns items?
A suggestion I have for couples right now, especially those in their earlier years of marriage is to do it together. Returning an item is not an embarrassment, it does not mean you are wrong, will look stupid, or that people will yell at you for making a mistake. Returning products is not necessarily the job of the wife....or the husband. It belongs to both. To bail on taking responsibility to return items is financially foolish. Good items could be used or turned into cash if....a couple is willing to return them. So, if you read this and know some couples early in the marriage, ask them how they will do the returning this year?

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM , Blogger E Erickson said...

LOVE that idea! I try to practice this as much as I can.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker