Jibstay

Monday, April 19, 2010

3-beach day


Today I went to the beach 3 times; once in the morning to talk and pray with a friend, in the afternoon to walk and swim (didn't swim cause the wind was too cold), and then tonight after dinner with Martha walking our route from Starbucks to the beach and then through the lower village.
It was a day in which I thought a lot about my dad and how much I miss him. I talked with my mom in Minnesota and we recalled funny swimming stories about Dad (how much he disliked swimming at life-guarded beaches). I miss the calls we used to make to each other just to talk about church and his fatherly interest in me. I would not wish him back with what Parkinson's did to his body. I'm just missing him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker