Jibstay

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

e-Sabbath reflections

This has been my third e-Sabbath since returning from France. I was delighted to read an article by Paul Vitelo in the NYT's yesterday on the demonstrated need for a break. The article states that "Members of the clergy now suffer from obesity, hypertension and depression at higher rates than most Americans." Taking a full day off from the phone, email, and internet has accomplished one immediate consequence: my chest is less tight. I breathe easier, read longer and sleep better.
The down-side? 63 emails in my inbox this morning, some of which assumed a response on Monday. The other down-side is the 4:30 pm twitch. Late afternoon I "crave" going on facebook, catching emails, surfing the web on my favorite sites. It's almost as bad as coffee (well, not really that bad!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker