Jibstay

Friday, October 22, 2010

Dr. Michelle Clifton-Soderstrom, guest preacher

I love preaching. I mean, I really love all the work that it takes to translate texts and do the reading, research and reflection. The staff I have served with knows how jealously I guard the privilege of preaching. But the congregation needs to hear other voices, of this pastoral staff and other leading voices in the larger body of Christ.
Years ago I invited Dr. Scot McKnight to preach here. Many still remember his powerful presence and preaching/teaching. This Sunday I invited Dr. Michelle Clifton-Soderstrom to preach at Montecito Covenant. It's not because I need a break, but more that we need to hear her strong voice and insightful mind.
I hope to bring in these "best voices" regularly each year to get the congregation as excited as I am about the state of Christian leadership formation in both the Covenant Church and in the wider community.
Michelle will be preaching at both the 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker