Jibstay

Friday, October 01, 2010

An Unwanted Visitor

I went for my Friday afternoon swim today, as I have done now for years. As I was getting into the water, a young woman with a dog walked up to me and said: "I don't want to scare you, but I just saw a shark around the buoy over there." She then pointed down the shore to a buoy I normally swim towards. She said the shark was only 4-5 feet long and did not know the type, but thought I should know.
I am learning the delight of swimming with and toward dolphins...but sharks? I walked out a few yards, jumped into the water and swam about twenty yards out, turned around and swam in again. I think I'll let that guy have the water to himself today!

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Fred said...

Good ol' common sense is a gift from God, whether we use it or not. Good thing you decided not to share the waters as it turned out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker