Jibstay

Monday, November 29, 2010

Setting up the tree

We put up the tree tonight. It was not big thing until I began reflecting on how Christmas trees reflected the stages of our lives: little Charlie Brown scraggly things when we were first married in Chicago with no space and no money, to the family search for the "perfect tree" as the kids were little, to the tradition of cutting down a tree and celebrating its setting up with a Swedish pancake dinner. As the kids got older and moved out, they came back from college anticipating going with me to find the right tree. Now Martha and I are back to finding a tree by ourselves, with a little more space and money than when we began.

The tree is now up and Martha is filling it with decorative hangings and setting up Christmassy things in the house, while I fulfill my new duty...watching Monday night football!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker