Jibstay

Friday, February 25, 2011

Jesus On Worry


If I asked you for your favorite “worry topics” what would you say? I’ve been asking that informally this week as I’ve lived with the text for Sunday (Matthew 6:25-34). The answers have been most interesting:

Finances

Family crises

Getting things done on time, being on time, being short of time

Finances

Reputation

Children’s development (grandchildren)

Health

Etc……

What would you add to this list? Jesus has an interesting approach to addressing worry that I am eager to share with you. While worry is real and, for some, debilitating. It is not God’s plan for us to live with worry. Worry is not meant to be part of the furniture of our lives.

One of the things I need to do is to thank you for allowing me this privilege of preaching and entering into a text like ours for this Sunday. It means I get to discover in newer and deeper ways what Jesus wants for me as follower and pastor. This has been a great week for me and I hope for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker