Jibstay

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why Do We Do What We Do?

Why do you do what you do? Why do you park in the certain place at church each week? Why do you choose the pew to sit in with such regularity? Why are you buying the same brand of toothpaste and eating at the same restaurants? Our behavior is a funny thing to look at. We get fixed and set in certain routines and traditions and never leave them, even when they are less than satisfying.
The texts for Sunday (Matthew 6:1-4, 19-21) help us take a look at the way we behave, the way we “practice our righteousness.” I found Jesus’ words to me as I studied and prepared overwhelmingly healing and hopeful. As you get ready for worship, ask yourself these two questions:

1. Why do I behave the way that I do?

2. Who is my audience? Who am I “playing” for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker