Jibstay

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Extravagent floral architecture!

Martha is in Minnesota with Liz & Jeff and I've been assigned watering duties. It's something Martha always does with care and detail when she's home. She knows and has planted every plant and can tell me how well or poorly it is doing.

I, on the other hand, know very little about the plants, their names, attributes, needs of uses. I often walk by plants going somewhere else (usually to a person, book or magazine). I engage words and people more than plants...until I must water them....slowly....and look at them...slowly.

Yikes! This yellow "flower" was crazy nuts! It sits on top of this plant like a an overdone art project. The colors pop and buzz. I'm sure there is a logical reason for why it is shaped like it is. But today I stood there in wonder and the extravagance of beauty! It did not need an audience to appreciate it. It just bloomed there in the column of sunlight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker