Jibstay

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Bookstores

Amazon.com has been a great gift to me. When someone recommends a must-read book, I can immediately go on-line, find the book, order it and know it will be in my mailbox in a couple of days.

In Santa Barbara, both Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores have packed up and moved away. Those were easy drop-in bookstores downtown. Now there are none. But yesterday Martha and I visited Chaucer's Bookstore (an old, well-established, independent bookstore) and browsed shelves for over an hour! What great fun to look for one book or topic, and then browse those next to it, above it and beneath it. I found all sorts of interesting books, topics and authors I do not find when I order specifically on line.

Browsing bookstores might be a new discipline I need to practice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker